CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Nastassia, pronounced nuh-sta(like stop w/o the p)-sha(like shuck w/o the ck). I am 18 years old an just recently moved to La Crosse for college, leaving all of my family in our "don't blink or you'll miss it" small town.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Swine Flu/ H1N1

Swine flu is a great experience that everyone should have the luck of going through. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t had it this last week. Oh wait, I do know what I would have done had the misfortune of H1N1 not been dropped on me. I would have gone to class, done my homework, taken tests, gone to work, etc. H1N1 is a terrible time, involving sore throat, high fever, stuffy nose, runny nose, and the really terrible things like searing painful headaches, vomiting, dry heaving, lack of appetite, aching body, and the utter inability to gather the energy to do simple tasks like walking. I was at the mercy of my family, confined to the boredom of solitude. It took me seven excruciating days to rid myself of this horrid disease. Well I know it’s not exactly leprosy, but it felt like it at the time. Especially since my doctor quarantined me in Mondovi, which is an hour and a half from La Crosse where all of my schoolwork was located because I didn’t plan on getting swine flu and being stuck in Mondovi. Even worse, the day I went to the doctor and found out my grim fate, I was planning on going to a party to see all of my friends that I hadn’t seen since moving up here. All in all, it was a terrible week in the life of this Nastassia, but anyway, how was your week?

0 comments: